Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bath Time

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the water! It's a good thing I do, because I seem to need a lot of baths. Almost every time I go outside to play, I need a bath! Dad says it's because I like to dig and play in the mud so much.

Bath time is always a big deal at our house. Mommy puts me in the tub and gets the soap ready, while Dad takes of my collar and tags. Next, they get the water temperature just right (don't want to burn my toes!). Mom always offers me a drink from the shower head. Yum...fresh water from the tap! After a few licks, it's time to get wet!

It takes both Mom and Dad to get me washed from head to toe. A little soap, a nice massage... I have to stand real still, which is kind of hard to do. I mean, you know how it is when you get wet, right? You're tempted to shake. I did that a few times.... Mom and Dad got all wet and they weren't real happy with me.

After a few minutes of suds, it's time to rinse! That can take a while. Mom says they've got to make sure to get all the soap out of my fur. After the soap is gone, it's time to dry! I'm afraid of the hair blower (it's so loud!), so Mom and Dad wrap me up in a towel to get most of the water out of my coat and then, and this is my favorite part, they take me out onto the deck and let me SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE...for all I'm worth!!

A few minutes of shaking and I'm good to go! Once I'm dry, I get my collar and tags back. Clean and ready to play. Let's go digging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home